Matson Consulting, LLC
Since its inception in 2001, Matson Consulting adhered to its mission of offering business expertise that enables rural business to succeed in their ventures. We have had long-term success in providing valuable expertise in the areas most important to you and your business.
At Matson Consulting, we take a partnership approach to our work. Our goal is not to satisfy a requirement, but to find solutions to the problems you face. This approach is most evident in our initial interactions; the first meeting often occurs at your place of business. We like to think of ourselves as process consultants rather than simply business consultants.
Our clients are more than just facts and figures, and we understand that livelihoods are at stake. We will walk you through the government and banking regulations to help you avoid the pitfalls that can arise. We have established lasting relationships with our clients that have enabled us to create multiple documents to help their business.
We work with a multitude of industries and we are recognized as experts in the creation of high quality documents. Over the years, our main focus has been the creation of feasibility studies and business plans for agricultural value added and bio energy ventures as these were the industries in which Matson Consulting first started. As the business has grown and gained more experts, we have extended our reach to include other rural businesses and industries. Local foods is on such area that we have continued to explore and we have assisted a multitude of clients in determining how to expand into the local foods market.
We understand the individual needs of each client so we tailor our approach to fit ventures’ needs. Whether big or small, we take a personal interest in each project. We utilize a hands-on approach that allows us to help the client through each step of the process. We believe in the motto that “when one door closes, another opens” and with that in mind, we work to provide more than just yes or no answers. We provide valuable, independent, and objective feedback and guidance at all stages of our work.
Our ServicesBusiness Planning
- Conducting feasibility studies
- Developing written business plans
- Designing organizational structure
- Creating successful business strategies
- Initiating New Generation Cooperatives, Limited Liability Companies, S-Corporations, and Partnerships
- Identifying potential capital and financial resources
- Identifying sources for grants
- Writing and reviewing grant proposals
- Recommending providers of professional services
- Managing grants - application through closeout
- Evaluating progress and effectiveness
- Determining project equity requirements
- Conducting sensitivity, risk, and cash-flow analyses
- Preparing financial business models
- Calculating economic returns
- Present business projections to financial institutions
- Creating marketing plans to guide business initiatives
- Developing surveys
- Conducting market research
- Preparing new products for market entry
- Identifying marketing strategies
- Analyzing competitor's market position
- Training for Boards of Directors and shareholders
- Facilitating strategic planning workshops
- Developing/conducting employee training programs
- Creating programs to foster teamwork and productivity
P.O. Box 661
Aiken, South Carolina 29802